Florida Fair And Open Primaries
Voter Nominated Top Two Open Primary
Let’s change the way voters and candidates come together at election time.
Florida Fair And Open Primaries is a Grass Roots Non-Partisan ALL Volunteer Organization that supports adding a constitutional amendment to the 2016/2018 election ballot to change Florida primary elections from a Closed Political Party
System to a Voter Nominated Top Two Open Primary System.
Imagine a primary election system where ALL candidates are listed on a single
ballot and ALL voters chose candidates from any party or no party. The Top Two
candidates in each race compete in the General Election.
The simple truth is that Voter Nominated Top Two Open Primaries:
• Give ALL Voters a Voice Where it Counts -- IN A PRIMARY ELECTION
• Give Voice to over 2.9 million No Party Affiliation (NPA) & Minor Party Voters
• Only use our Tax Dollars for Primaries where ALL Voters can Participate
• Allow Candidates to Campaign on Ideas & Solutions, Not Party Ideologies
• Retain Party Rights to Associate and Select Candidates of Their Choice
• Require Candidates to Listen to and Appeal to a Broader General Electorate Base
• Eliminate Spoiler Effect in General Election
Currently in Florida
Florida and eighteen other states have Closed Primary Elections where only members of a political party may vote in their Party's primary. The taxpayers including the Independent Party, or those with No Party Affiliation (NPA), finance these primaries with taxpayer dollars. That means that 40+% of the US voters that are Independent/(NPA) become disenfranchised in primary elections. Yet they still have their taxes used to finance the elections of the Party that they have no say in which candidate should be selected/elected.
Polls show the number of Americans identifying as Independents or No Party Affiliation has surpassed that of Democrat or Republican. This disconnect-between the growing independence of the citizenry and the highly partisan nature of our governing process-is creating an unhealthy situation for our democracy.
We support and ask for your support of the Voter Nominated Top Two Open Primary Initiative as an important step towards transforming our political process and moving forward as a State and as a Nation.
We Thank You! Florida Fair And Open Primaries